Tuesday, 3 January 2017

What 2016 has taught me..



Overall, 2016 has been a really good year. I kicked off the year by picking up my new car and finishing my first year at Manchester University with a 2:1. I also started a new job in marketing which I love, and decided to move to a university closer to home in Birmingham to do my Second year. In the summer, I went on two holidays, and my mum got engaged to a lovely man! I found starting a new university very hard and it was difficult to settle in, but I am slowly starting to get into the swing of things, and I know I made the right decision. A stint in hospital was one negative of this year after a severe kidney infection on holiday, but I have had a great year with amazing people around me, that I am so thankful for!

I wanted to take some time to look back on what 2016 has taught me and to think about some new years resolutions for 2017. Hope you enjoy reading!

Be in the moment..In the past, I have been so busy worrying and thinking about something else, that i've not fully appreciated the moment I was in. I now realise it's so important to just be in the moment, take everything in and enjoy all the little things. I've spent a lot of time just wishing my life away, but I want to take on a new attitude now, and enjoy every single day because life really is too short to want it to go faster.

Tell people you love them..Whether it's your family, friends or partner, tell them you love them. I have realised this year that it is so, so important to just tell someone how much they mean to you, and reminding them that you love them, really could make their day. 

Don't forget to look after yourself..There is a saying "You can not begin to look after others, if you don't look after yourself first". It is so true! What use will you be to anyone if you're not mentally and physically healthy yourself? This will be one of my biggest resolutions this New Year as I do have a real tendency to neglect myself, in order to do everything for everyone.

Surround yourself with people who love you, for you..You get to a point in your life when having a huge group of friends is no longer important to you. I have always struggled with this one, but this year, I really do feel like I have the bestest friends and family around me I could wish for.

Don't take anyone or anything for granted..If this year has taught us anything, it's how quickly someone can be taken from the world. I have really learnt to appreciate everyone and everything I have got. I have made a huge effort to see my grandparents regularly this year and it gives me so much joy to see them and spend that time with them. 

Forgive and Forget..I know how hard this one is, but it is so important to not bottle up emotions and hold onto negativity, as it really can destroy you inside. Things that have happened in the past are hard to let go of, but I have learnt that you can not change what has happened so there is no point in worrying about it. The best way to look at it is to learn from it, and not let it happen again.

What did you learn in 2016?
Have you made any new years resolutions?

Becci x






SHARE:

2 comments

© Front Row Fascination. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig