Thursday, 26 January 2017

The Clothes Show 2016

My love for "Clothes Show Live" started when I was 13 and I've been every year since. Even twice some years! I am so gutted that 2016 was the last ever one as it is now being rebranded to "The British Style Collective", which will be held in July rather than December, and the location is now in Liverpool, rather than Birmingham. I feel as though the Clothes Show has been well and truly replaced, even the concept will be different this year, which is such a shame because I know so many other people loved it just as much as I did. I have booked tickets for "The British Style Collective" in July and I will do a blog post after the event to compare it to what was, "The Clothes Show".

This year, we decided to buy the Diamond tickets, as opposed to the Platinum tickets we usually get. This was the first year they had done a Diamond ticket so we wanted to see how much more you got for the money. With the Diamond ticket we got: Free parking (worth £12), a goody bag packed full of stuff, entrance to the VIP lounge (Where I met my absolute idol - Lydia Millen!), free refreshments all day and finally the most amazing front row seats for the fashion show.

The Clothes Show always falls the week after my birthday so I wanted to show you a selection of the items I got with my birthday money and the amazing deals you could get there.



Gym Shark has been a brand I have wanted to try for so long. 2016 was the first year they had exhibited so I was really looking forward to buying some bits when I saw they were going to be there. They had lots of different leggings and tops for sale, the tops were £20 and leggings £25 which is around £10 less than their website prices. They also had a deal on where you got a free pullover if you spent £40 or more. I have been wearing my set non stop since the Clothes Show and its definitely a brand I will continue to buy from.


Marniere De Voir was bought to my attention in 2015 when I saw their stand at the Clothes Show, they stood out with their clever branding and urban style. It wasn't particularly well known when I saw them the year before but this time there was queues to get in! With well known influencers such as Sarah Ashcroft and Tammy Hembrow wearing them, it was only a matter of time before they became well known and everyone wanted to get their hands on something. I bought a pair of joggers and a ripped jumper dress both £24 each. This is about a 20% discount to website prices.


I am always looking for good tooth whitening products that don't damage your teeth and after trying lots of strips that made my teeth hurt, I found Cocowhite which is completely natural as it is basically just coconut oil. You have to squeeze it into your mouth and swill it round for about 10-12 minutes. I really do believe they work and if you use them every day for 14 days, you can see a huge difference. They were on offer at the Clothes Show for £15 a box, they are usually £19.99 plus postage.


Spectrum brushes are the self-proclaimed "most instagrammable" makeup brushes. They are so beautiful and I have been desperate for a set for so long, but at £50 a set I just couldn't justify it. Their marketing is absolutely brilliant and the branding really does sell them. I mean, what girl doesn't want rose gold makeup brushes that claim "no unicorns have been harmed" in the making of them?! My set is a full face set and it was £32 which I thought was really reasonable. I have been using them every morning and i'm not quite sure what I did before I had them! 


One of the best things about the clothes show is the cheap fashion, their are so many stalls that sell off-cuts and clothes that have either been rejected by shops or just overstock that hasn't been sold, for as little as £3! There is literally nothing wrong with the clothes so I'm not entirely sure why they are so cheap! This shirt dress was £12! I love the embroidery trend and the colours are really lovely together. 


The VIP Goody Bag - There was so many great brands included in the Clothes Show goody bag such as, Lee Stafford, Barry M, Toni&Guy and Carmex. I was really impressed with the amount of products we actually got as it has appeared to decrease most years before this one. 

I hope you have enjoyed this post all about the Clothes Show and all the goodies I bought!
Have you visited before? What did you think?

Becci x


Keep up with me on Instagram and Twitter!




SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Enjoyed this Becci......embarrassed to say I have never been to the Clothes Show, sadly never will now, but your blog has inspired me to try The British Style Collective... and CocoWhite..... look forward to the next installment

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad to hear that Tracey! Yes definitely try it! Let me know what you think! Thanks for reading xx

      Delete

© Front Row Fascination. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig